Healthy Lifestyle Tips
At the Canary District, we are creating a community inspired by health and wellness. All of our retail and commercial tenants are being carefully and thoughtfully selected to create an all-inclusive atmosphere devoted to healthy lifestyles. With that in mind, here are five simple healthy lifestyle tips from us.
- Walk more. Make a walk around the block part of your nightly routine, or wake up 10 minutes earlier and make it part of your morning routine. Even pacing while you talk on the phone helps!
- Drink enough water. Ok, ok, we all know we need 8-10 glasses of water a day. Our bodies need water to carry nutrients and oxygen around our bodies, to remove waste, and carry out other functions. It really does a make difference… have a glass right now!
- Journal. Write down everything that’s going on inside your brain. This clears your head, clarifies your thoughts, boosts your mental energy, and is proven to relieve stress. Plus, writing problems down allows us to analyze and solve them more effectively.
- Eat more vegetables. Add more veggies to soups, pastas, casseroles, and pizzas. Double the amount that the recipe calls for. Embrace salads. Do not be afraid of baked brussels sprouts, they’re delicious.
- Sit with good posture. Good posture facilitates proper breathing and increases concentration. It also makes you look smarter and more attractive. Put a post-it note on your desk to remind yourself to sit straight, in case you forget and fall back into that slouch.
If you are interested in healthy, active living, be sure to register now for Canary District condominiums here: https://canaryblock.com/registration/